Want to Form a Team?
We love teams! Colon cancer awareness is finally starting to gain national prominence and your involvement means there is one more organization in the fight against colon cancer. Each year, thousands of American families are affected by this common but little discussed disease.
By participating in the 5K, your organization and team join our growing movement to make colon cancer a disease of the past. Colon Screening for Life is a nonprofit on a mission to end preventable colon cancer death and suffering. Let’s walk, run, and jog for a world without colon cancer!
Guidelines for Forming a Team
- A team is a group of 5 or more individuals that sign up to participate in the Colon Screening for Life 5k Run/Walk
- Team must be formed by May 24th to participate in early packet pick-up
- Team members can be any combination of runners, walkers, adults, and/or children
- Each team must have a team name and an assigned team captain
- Corporate sponsored teams of 20 or more participants will receive a 20% discount. Please contact Laurie Townsend for more information.
- Each team member must complete a race registration form, either online or on paper
- Remember when you register to add your team name on the registration form and remind your team members to include team name when registering
- The cost to register is $25 per person if you pre-register or $30 on the day of the run.
Team Competition and Rewards
All team captains will go into a drawing to win a $200 gift card.
In addition, teams will be awarded in the following categories:
- Best team identifier: Design your own team t-shirt or dress up and support your team. The team with the most creativity and spirit wins! Team captain will be awarded a trophy and a $100 gift card.
- Most money raised: The team that has the most fundraising wins! The team captain will receive a trophy and a $100 gift card.
- Largest team: The team that has the most team members will receive a trophy and a $100 gift card.
Packet Pick-Up for Large Teams
If you have a team of 20 or more and your team is registered by May 24th, you can pick up your team packets early on Monday, June 3rd from 12-6pm at Digestive Care Center.
For more information about forming a team, please contact Laurie Townsend at 812-266-2906 or email@example.com.